Monday 7 October 2013

Days 14 - 16

The weekend saw a variety of things going on, including work, watching Chelmsford City FC actually win for a change, a badminton match, a walk and a hyper.

The hyper saw me hit 16.9 for reasons that I can't quite fathom, but corrective doses sorted it.  I suspect it was a combination of bad carb sums and bubbles in the infusion set.   Otherwise my levels have remained pretty constant and no other peaks / troughs, which is ace.

Today saw me return to the hospital for a quick catch up on how things are going and suffice to say, everyone is pleased with progress so far.  We've also lowered my target range down to 5.0 to 7.0 mmol/L.  I can't really go any lower than that otherwise I'd by hypoing most of the time.  I'm happy that progress has been good enough to get down to these targets so quickly.


It's the little things, or should that be the long things?  I have found that an 80cm infusion set tube is just long enough that when you go to the loo and sit on the seat, there is just enough tube available so you don't have to remove the pump from belt / pocket!

The next two days sees me at a training course in a posh hotel.  This should prove interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment